taurineman

ball links

5 posts in this topic

Im looking for a replacement ball link for my Mini blade. The ball itself is 4.7mm, so i need a ball link that fits over it. The ball link needs to screw onto an M2 thread.

Most hobby shops seem to sell them as replacement heli parts listing model numbers etc. None seem to list measurements... So im at a loss to know which f**king one to buy.

anyone shed some light on this?

I can have a look at what I have. I have needed to replace ball links in the past and have never found the same size so have replaced both halves.

Jono

i actually found a ball joint which came off Alex's crashed Tracer which fitted perfectly... So i no longer require one, and miniblade tail linkage is fixed.

But i have refurbished the Mini Blade: replaced the 8 year old AAA batteries, put a new telemetry and model-match RX in, so i can now monitor and log battery and RSSI in real time (been slowly working through models and replacing old non-telemetry RXs with more modern telemetry ones, so i can get voltage monitoring/warnings - seems to be the #1 reason why models go down)

what receiver did you use pete.  I've had my miniblade in the box the past month and need to get it in the air soon.

I used an x8r. You can use the x6r as well but would have to split the power on one lead for power in.

Yes get the thing flying!