Sign in to follow this  
taurineman

Titahi Bay 12th Aug 17

taurineman    10

Jono, Dave, and Simon, Nick and myself all managed a spot of slope-soaring this afternoon. Many maidens all in preparation for Manilla in a few weeks. Jono and Dave have been hard at work building up their quivers to take over. Some 22 planes spread out on the grass. Great flying conditions, loads of lift and moderate wind, sun and no clouds made for a pleasant day. Got good amount 5 up combat and a Wee bee session - but i forgot to bring mine, but we had three Wee Bees buzing around. The sun got a bit too low making for temporary blindness leading to some hairy moments. We even had two Mini-blades  ripping it up for a while too, with Nick maidening his new/repaired one. They are just brilliant to fly. Good to see a PMS 2 flying again - nice work Dave. Good to see good numbers out at the slope too. Oh, and happy birthday Dave for tomorrow.

WP_20170812_14_44_19_Pro.png

jonoashton    16

It was awesome to have 5 combat gliders in the air at Titahi Bay. I was a little worried as mine and Dave's are for Manilla and we didn't want to wreck them !! There were plenty of maidens including Nicks Carbon MiniBlade and Dave's 3 piece wing 2m PMS. Awesome!!

Pete - Just a wee reminder that I could do with your DLG Taranis programme 

Jono

taurineman    10
2 hours ago, jonoashton said:

Pete - Just a wee reminder that I could do with your DLG Taranis programme

Cool - ill try get that to you tonight