Sign in to follow this  
danimal

Dan From Auckland

Hey all im new to this Forum Names Daniel i live on the northshore of auckland, I have been flying since the young age of around 10 years old , started flying petrol powerd models at the northshore model aero club on greens road albany where we purchased and built a Great planes PT40 trainer for me and fellow freinds to learn to fly,

From there i met a few knowledgable people one who got me in to slopesoaring which i ended up enjoying alot more and wasnt so hard on my part time job, I still flew my gas planes when i could afford to out at Onehaunga and point england ,

I flew the slopies mostly at Mt wellington , murawai and close to home at MT victoria and longbay cliffs , i owned around 11 planes at one stage some homebuilt using real estate signs and some from the foam models from the wharehouse , as i got in to my teens i found other hobbies including cars and women which both got me in to trouble so here i am years later and im very interested to get back in the sport!

Hi Dan,

welcome along to the forum. A few of us Hamilton chaps get up to Mangere on occasions, twice last year, and planning a day trip up to fly Muriwai sometime in Jan or Feb.

What about coming down to Raglan for our Slope Fest from Jan 21st to 23rd.

Check it out here.

viewtopic.php?f=240&t=1311

Cheers,

Paul.

Thanks yea im down in raglan alot as i surf aswell and my girlfreind will be studying downthere soon, i may not have a plane but id be still very interested . last time i was in raglan i met two guys flying at the main beach up by the top carpark

yeah thats where the Slope Fest will be. What mode do you fly ? If you end up coming, I will make sure you get something to fly while your here.

yep, I'm mode one, you would be welcome to fly my Reaper, Fusion or one or two others if you like.

Cheers.

Fusion is 10x the model that the windrider fox is, besides, you can pick them up at half the price from the windrider webstore in hongkong anyway... The Fox is ok in light winds, but as soon as the wind gets up it is too flexible.... get a fusion and take some advice from the guys here who have built one, there are lots of new building techniques that you may not be aware of if you have been out of the flying circuit for a while...

With EPP you can water down a little Gorrilla glue and soak it into the leading edge to make a tough leathery texture, heaps of tough impact resistance for wingtips etc. 250micron (0.25mm) lamiating film (ironed on) adds weight, but also sticks like proverbial to a wet blanket and gives a smooth clean finish (over EPP or EPS) which you can then stick either oracal signwriters film, or a printed pattern, see here (this one is awesome and the templates for the pattern already exist..!) viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1265

awsome yea i just remeber owning the epp eraser and a pc9 just taped wraped i tried covering it in solarfilm but ended up being heavy and peeling off i was only 12 years old so it was alot of trial and error,

Where can i purchase a Fusion for a good price?

I have an old futaba attack somewhere in the cupboard and a few bits and peices ill go check they still work

Hi Dan My first sloper was one of those fox's it was ok .

The Fusion would have been a way better first sloper much funner and tough as old boots.

they are a good price as you get the tapes and glue etc included and they are available on this site.

I have literally lost count now of how many Fusions have been built around here over just the last 18 months. More than 12 easily.

And several of the guys like them so much they have gone to the latest version, the Fusion V2.

Not only a great introductory model but a goodie for more experienced guys to own and fly for those 'hard to land' places.

IMO, the best of its type on the market.

The Windrider Fox would be a nice plane for light winds though.

looks like ill go with the V2 then and just cover it ! ill look at getting a larger span glider later , on that note i think i have pics of my old kyosho stratus 3 channel glider i loved that thing on less windy days just a bugger to land most places :oops:

Don't know what sort of radio you have, but if you do have a computer set, then you can always build the Fusion as a 4 servo model for mixed V tail, and ailerons as flaperons too... makes for more functional capabilities of the model....

I have seen the Fusions take off from the slope in a thermal and go up to a spec, and then ballasted up, give far better gliders a good run for their money in the Man on man races... don't have one myself yet though.. just haven't gotten around to it...!

to be Honest i just had so much fun flying 2 channel (aleiron elevator) models the metrix was a weapon at mt wellington it came out the crator wissling so much i snapped the glass wing in two a few times, i havent flown any competition events or anything more as a hobby and just good times with my freinds , im looking forward to flying again and getting back in to the sport i once loved :)

yeah thats where the Slope Fest will be. What mode do you fly ? If you end up coming, I will make sure you get something to fly while your here.

Hmm, I am also from Auckland. may I fly your planes I do mode1 and mode2 8-)

Your Gifted to be able to fly both mode's ! Just accuired this new Model to crank around the back lawn and scare the cats of, Hopefully getting a Fusion for the Upcoming Raglan event

Falcon 3D, Brushless upgraded motor, 2200 Mah battery , Upgraded GYRO and tail servo = awsome fun in backlawn ;)

bitz011.jpg