Sign in to follow this  
Mark G

Man on Man and F3F Slope Racing event - Series 1: 2013

Mark G    13

Man on Man 60" details

We are back! Join us for a fun weekend of slope racing at Raglan in late November. We will be running a Man on Man Slope Race event AND a turbo charged F3F race event!  :mrgreen: This forum is specifically for he Man on Man details.

Here are the preliminary details:

Where: Raglan

When: 30 November - 1 December, 2013.

Entry fee: FREE this round - but you WILL need racing numbers (approx $15) for your glider in the Man on Man - details soon.

Time: 1000 hrs Registration and pilot briefing.

Prize: The brand new RCSoaring Man on Man Trophy, and certificate. Plus title of Man on Man winner!

For those of you who have raced in our events before, please post up pics and advice for those who may be new to this all.

I will post full details of the Man on Man rules, and F3F rules here over the next week or so.

In the meantime, please post here to register for the event. We will need 12 pilots to register to run it, so get cracking!

Mark G    13

Registered Pilots

1. Mark - RCSoaring (91) - racing something fast  :cool:

2. Paul (SlopeMe) (03)

3. Jason (dreadlock) (09) - racing a Bluto - - WITHDRAWN Sunday

4. Daryl (Kiwikid) Reaper (08)

5. Jets:) 60" Foamie ?(07)

6. Lenbok (#42) Foamie?

7. Marce - Fai2 (#?) Foamie?

8. Dave (#13) - WITHDRAWN

9. Bruce - ibmaxed (#10) - WITHDRAWN

Mark G    13

For the first round in our brand new RCSoaring Man on Man race series, we will be having an OPEN CLASS 60" or less Man on Man event.

This means you can fly ANY 60" foam glider you like. NO WEIGHT RESTRICTIONS.

The only main rule will be that you will need to place the race numbers on your gliders wing. I will post full details of these numbers soon. However, you can now select a unique number from 01 - 99 right now. This will secure your racing number for the duration of the 2013-2014 racing season.

When you register here for the racing, please also select a number. I will organise these early November from the local signwriters. They will all be in BLACK vinyl, and will measure 150mm x 150mm - in a specific font. You right wing will need racing numbers both on the top and bottom or your outboard section of your wing. I will post pics and locations soon.

Numbers make keeping track of gliders as they race. no number = no race.

Ok, I bags 99. Racing numbers will cost approx $15 + postage.

SlopeMe    11

Awesome Mark.  I'm in for both MoM and F3F.

Ther newly re-vamped site looks amazing ! Well done, must have been a lot of hard work, but worth it.

Cheers.

Paul.

Mark G    13

So, I really want to win this comp I'm organising... :-|  :-P , so I will need a new weapon. Something I can build quick as chips and get practicing. I'm thinking a Raven. I loved my now retired M-60 a LOT for this type of racing, but its time for something new.

So, can I beat you all with a Raven? Your thoughts would be appreciated...hmmm can't remember where to get one from....what's their website?

Mark G    13

You can now order and pay for your racing numbers in the forum store. Click store above and navigate to the racing numbers. I will organise these early to mid November and post them all out then.

Mark G    13

Are these numbers going to be easily removable?

Yes, but care will be needed. Its sign writing vinyl....Remember - this Man on Man race is for foamies, and the F3F is for crunchies :)

Lenbok    1

Sign me up for #42. I don't have any particularly fast models but I'm sure it will be a fun learning experience regardless. At least when I have a Raven next time I will have an idea what I am doing :-)

fai2    0

Man on Man 60" details

We are back! Join us for a fun weekend of slope racing at Raglan in late November. We will be running a Man on Man Slope Race event AND a turbo charged F3F race event!  :mrgreen: This forum is specifically for he Man on Man details.

Here are the preliminary details:

Where: Raglan

When: 30 November - 1 December, 2013.

Entry fee: FREE this round - but you WILL need racing numbers (approx $15) for your glider in the Man on Man - details soon.

Time: 1000 hrs Registration and pilot briefing.

Prize: The brand new RCSoaring Man on Man Trophy, and certificate. Plus title of Man on Man winner!

For those of you who have raced in our events before, please post up pics and advice for those who may be new to this all.

I will post full details of the Man on Man rules, and F3F rules here over the next week or so.

In the meantime, please post here to register for the event. We will need 12 pilots to register to run it, so get cracking!

Hi mate put me down for the MOM racing cheers marce

fai2    0

For the first round in our brand new RCSoaring Man on Man race series, we will be having an OPEN CLASS 60" or less Man on Man event.

This means you can fly ANY 60" foam glider you like. NO WEIGHT RESTRICTIONS.

The only main rule will be that you will need to place the race numbers on your gliders wing. I will post full details of these numbers soon. However, you can now select a unique number from 01 - 99 right now. This will secure your racing number for the duration of the 2013-2014 racing season.

When you register here for the racing, please also select a number. I will organise these early November from the local signwriters. They will all be in BLACK vinyl, and will measure 150mm x 150mm - in a specific font. You right wing will need racing numbers both on the top and bottom or your outboard section of your wing. I will post pics and locations soon.

Numbers make keeping track of gliders as they race. no number = no race.

Ok, I bags 99. Racing numbers will cost approx $15 + postage.

What numbers are still going .