KiwiKid

Hacker ARF Vagabond

I rather like this new model produced by Hacker.

It's kind of an ARF LeFishy sorta thing with a short build time and neat looks.

post-74-0-83896100-1391582005_thumb.jpg

post-74-0-21694300-1391582010_thumb.jpg

post-74-0-79333400-1391582017_thumb.jpg

Here's the Hacker listing : http://www.zoomport.eu/shop/Modely-a-prislusenstvi/Vsechna-Letadla-/Vagabond-1500-ARF--1630100000374.aspx

You could probably knock up something similar yourself, but the devil is in the detail and Hacker has done a lot of VTPR development to get the model to this stage.

It's probably the first ARF 3D slopey produced. I don't think it is out at dealers yet. I would expect around NZ$220 delivered and, yes, you can DS it - just don't go too fast :smile:

I picked up a Hacker Super Zoom XL last year and was very pleased with the kit.

Did you order one of these Kiwi Kid?

I see on RCG that they have started shipping them

They seem to look like quite an easy build for a VTPR with a mad elevator...

Not yet - I was holding off a bit to see what the initial flight reports are like. Looks like they hiked the price up a bit too.

Well I see alot of people are having fun with their new Vagabonds so, with summer just around the corner, thought I better jump in too.

Sourced one from Hacker in OZ - delivered price is $240NZD which is a fair bit for a chunk of foam, but we all know where the $$$ go.

Comes with a good manual and here's some useful build pics I found: https://plus.google.com/photos/108261435497421048134/albums/6025547622877962065?banner=pwa

And flying: https://plus.google.com/photos/108261435497421048134/albums/6027636112722358513?banner=pwa

Wings and horizontal stabs are pre-laminated, some guys that fly over rocky terrain have lammed the fuse as well.

Dang - that was quick :-P

Caught me on the hop a bit as the servos are still on the wing.

Still got another project to finish before I start on this one though. Very nice quality kit with excellent instructions.

Should be ready for summer!

post-74-0-13082800-1406862966_thumb.jpg

Hi Turbs - LOL I have just come in from flying the Vag down at my local park this afternoon. Forgot it was school hols and got mobbed by dozens of kids - all part of the fun.

I found the Vag to be a real fun sloper, but it has a fairly narrow wind band that it performs well in which is 5-10kts, depending on the slope. Above 10-12kts it tends to get blown backwards. You can ballast it up, but that affects performance. So, being a fan of powered gliders, I set to with fitting an electric folding prop set up and it ended up like this.

Vagabond2.JPG

Still performs well enough as a sloper, but I now get about 10 times the stick time on it - like so:

The vid was just the second flight with the motor on. I have since got a bit more adventurous with it and it does some neat acros. One party trick is to give it full up elevator and full rudder and half throttle and it does a flat spin that just makes it a blur. 

LOL - I sent Hacker a copy of the vid and nek minut they came out with an E-Vagabond and now have a range of similar models - Fox, Blanik, Lunak and Swift marketed with power options. Good to have those royalty cheques rolling in :-D

http://www.zoomport.eu/shop/RC-Kits-and-Accessories/RC-Aircrafts/Gliders-063340600.aspx#f&pg=3&sort=artikl&zobrazeni=0&pocet=12&stock=0

So, in summary, great fun as slopey, but a bit limited in usage. Still flies great as a slopey with the motor option.