taurineman

Wellington (part deux)

Sorry, i missed ya today, Ian. I hope you got in some good flying today, and perhaps someone else came and joined you? I am keen to see that Opus of yours sometime soon.

I got out to Trentham this morning and flew my Radian in some club events. It got a bit beaten up after i fluttered it to pieces and it went in from a good height. Its fixable. ALready started what will be a 5-6 stage repair job on it ;) thank the lucky stars for white PU glue ;)

I hope you got some good flying. Have you flown the Opus yet or are you still assembling??

That white PU is great stuff. 

Nick, Allan and I got out this arvo for some light air slope at Titahi bay. Great to get a wee bit of combat and general slope  shenanigans

I'm sorry that I managed to miss everyone on Sunday.

I have my shopping list for the Opus, the wings should fit 11mm servos in.  

Any suggestions for the best suppliers who ship to Wellington?

I'll make a trip to Bunnings for the servo tray

Ian

1 minute ago, Ian said:

I'm sorry that I managed to miss everyone on Sunday.

I have my shopping list for the Opus, the wings should fit 11mm servos in.  

Any suggestions for the best suppliers who ship to Wellington?

I'll make a trip to Bunnings for the servo tray

Ian

For good slope stuff, KST is a good choice.

https://alofthobbies.com/kst-ds145mg-servo-5-2kg-72-2-oz-in-10-sec.html

Aloft hobbies in the states is great at getting stuff to your pretty promptly.

If money is no object, then i would highly recommend MKS DS6130HV servos. Or Even the MKS 6100HV (might be a bit light for flaps tho?) Again Aloft stocks them.

mks are way better than KST's but i just cant usually afford them. Aloft are good.  Hyperflight in the UK are good for MKS depending on the exchange rate

Mitre 10 Mega in Porirua have balsa and basswood, ply etc in there tools dept and Pete's emporium in Porirua or lower hutt have the same but usually rougher condiotion

Jono

what are peoples plans for the weekend and/or tuesday?

I have a new Bee II to re-maiden (now with glassed elevons), and wouldnt mind seeing Ian's Opus. Could bring out the Crossfire if its not too strong.

Sat is totally out for me.

Hi

I should be able to get out on Sunday late afternoon.  With the wind from the south on Saturday I don't know anywhere to go?

I'll have the Merlin, The Opus wing servos are still to arrive and I have to make the ballast tube so I can use the same slugs as the Merlin.

Ian

It looks like Sunday afternoon could be NW at Titahi Bay. So lets keep an eye on that over the next day or so.

Sunday and Tuesday are the days i can fly. Sat is out for me.

I'd be keen for a fly Sunday arvo.  I'll need some garage time before then as I have more planes out of action than in action at present, due to my inaction in the garage!

It might have to be. I'm bagging a pms 2 in the mould but have Leak I can't track down. Been trying to find it for 2 hours now... Pump running hot and only at 15 inches vac...

I won't be there till at least 230 at this rate.

Let me know. Sunday morning is all I can do.
Pms no where near... I've been concentrating on laying up another wing, and doing some tests around releases etc.