Rags 2016 - events and one design - what shall be the 'one'

10 members have voted

1. 1. What events would you like

• Combat -any model
    • Combat - one design
    • F3F - any model
    • Man on man slope racing - any model
    • Man on man slope racing - one design
  2. 2. Prefered model for single model events (combat, man on man racing)

• Windrider Bee2
    • Windrider Beevolution (thinner airfoil)
    • Group scratch build wisel (www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1456458)
    • Fluteboy (corflute)

jonoashton    16

I was talking to Dave this morning and he is happy to cut green foam cores for the cost of materials power etc. Green foam is a dense polystyrene type foam and is good for vacuum bagging but not good for combat. He could cut standard white polystyrene but it is hard to shape and not good for bagging. Could be cool to do a group slope racer or something. Is anyone keen on something like that??

Jono

mcshaz    3

Vacuum bagging would count me out as I don't have the experience (building or flying) or equipment. A 4 man-on-man race could also lead to a collision, and I understood the UK man on man league was foamies only for this reason. However, I would enjoy watching some fast vacuum molded planes racing.

taurineman    10

yip, as much as some of us would like to race vac bagged composites, it's not inclusive enough. It's got to be simple and cheap to build and crash resistant.

mcshaz    3

yip, as much as some of us would like to race vac bagged composites, it's not inclusive enough. It's got to be simple and cheap to build and crash resistant.

not on account of me - I would honestly be happy to watch you guys screaming along. You could argue wecould separate the men from the boys by trying to have a 4 man on man bee2 comp and then another 'league' with the scratchbuilt composites and better pilots would be more entertaining for all involved!

vanuckle    1

I am starting my seasonal work tomorrow, it is about 6-8 weeks of long hours so I will not be on much... However if nothing is decided by end November I have a very light work schedule so I can facilitate this project... As far as working with SlopeMe to get cores cut and takeing responsibleity to send them out to whoever and make sure the money is all squared up etc...

That is if we go with a build like that... Otherwise I will need to buy something else or i will not have anything to fly since I am all out of planes that are in one peace...