Sign in to follow this  
AlexH

Snipe DLG

Surprisingly is still for sale! Had 4 guys ask me if I will sell any when I got back from the world champs, and no one has bought it yet! I won't be selling another DLG for a long time, if ever. .

I won't be selling another DLG for a long time, if ever. .

what is that about - don't tell me you are giving up F3K after 1 world title? Hopefully you just mean you will be given factory gliders which you have to return rather than on sell.

on a far less important note:

If you still have the snipe in a few weeks, really want to sell it & are happy to pack it up & organise freight to the north island (Auckl), I'll go $800 + box + postage. I find it hard to imagine a Cantabrian doesn't want to snap it up at  that price though, and as I neither truly 'need' another DLG, nor have the competition skills to do a snipe justice, I'll wait for someone to see sense and buy this thing.

I have three other custom made Snipe, this one is surplus to requirements. Hence the sale.

The rest of the NZ team is selling some snipes as well, but they are asking 1000-1200 each model

Am travelling up to the north island a couple of times in the next 6 months, so could bring it with me.

Sold - I could resist temptation no longer. It will mean delaying some other purchases (I was looking into f5j), but it is probably best given the limited flying time (due to young kids & long working hours) to concentrate on f3k, and slope when it is too windy.

Well, today I decided the air was really nice and not very turbulent, so maybe I would get away with maidening this craft (something I had thought I might leave until my flying skills improved) – WOW. Dave Morgan gave it some overhand tosses, and I tried some discus launches.

I had one of the most fun 30 minutes of flying as it started to get tuned in! As Dave said – it is as if it has sky hooks in it! I only did 30-50% throws, as I need to do a bit more tuning before I give it everything, but what an incredibly fun ship to fly, and great air to fly it in. I can’t wait to pick the brains/setup of some of the other snipe owners in Auckland Soar.

Dave summed it up by stating the look on my face told him I won’t be selling it any time soon! It has been a long time since I have been as excited as I was flying the new toy!

Thank you Alex! (and John from JR Airsail for looking after the model until I could pick it up)

On 30/11/2015, 7:50:33, taurineman said:

Yip, DLGs are a kind of magic :) so will we see you at the Southern Fling at Matamata in January (23&24th?)

Ahhh - same weekend as the Raglan slope fest!!! I am rostered on for work that weekend, so I will try and swap out, but even if I manage a swap I still have to choose which event - what a bummer.