TJM

glass /carbon fibre sloap soarers

Any one have  had any experience with the Eflight Mystic 2.9  full house glider?

Will have on shortly to assemble and try

The mystique? Wooden built up wings and glass fuselage. I know someone who had one. I never saw it fly out got to fly it. So don't know much about them.

ha ha If id known i would have probaly bought it, if it has servois then its a steel!!!

Went to the park this morning to fly the el cheapo Radian,, set it up and the motor wouldnt run,, made all the right noises, checked the model program and servo direction and monitor , all goo but not go, any one had issues with the E Flite 30 amp pro v2 esc ?

Nope. Mine is fine. Not heard of a radian esc failing - not saying it can't happen. Double check your throttle is zero on power up.

Yip, mine started to fail after six months. About every third or fourth time I would go to use the model the motor refused to start or would give a couple of coughs and stop quite randomly, but usually at the most inopportune times. Replaced the ESC with a 25amper and never had a problem since - in fact the replacement ESC seems to produce a smidgen more power at WOT. 

Shouldnt have changed from last time but I will  is there any way of testing apart from that ?

Looks like a replacement is over $100  dont want to spend that on this glider with the new wone coming

Winter has set in and the Mystique will be assembled this weekend minus the wing servos which are on order.

BK R&E plus OS out runner, full house config, apart from having to spend an hour smoothing out the mono coat the build quality is pretty good so far

Servos installed this afternoon and the OS out runner, failry tight fit for the motor so Ill have to hot glue the motor tails to the frame to ensure they dont rub on the motor casing. Could have used slightly larger servos for rudder and elevator as the pre cut servo mounting base was too large for the BKS micros, glued some ply to take up the space and all was good.Still waiting for three more spektrum flat mount wing servos to complete the wings, Installed the Futaba r7008 receiver and linked the system, checked the motor, elevator and rudder and preset the travel. Looking good so far, quite a large glider kit so can see the value. The glass work and the wing build quality is excellent, everything looks square so once set up it should fly well. wEather is pretty bad still and so not missing flying time.

IMG_3896.JPG

IMG_3895.JPG

IMG_3892.JPG

looking good. I hate the way some motor wires exit in front of the outrunner part. Always worried the can will rub at some point and short out the wires. Take your time to make sure they will never rub.

Manged to secure the motor supply cables with a little hot glue, more for peace of mind than any thing else, 

Question, is any one using the Futaba 18sz transmitter? Im fairly new to computer transmistters so the hard part is setting each model up.I've managed to get the initial set up for the main controls wihich isn't very difficult, I can add expo ect to rudder elevator and ailerons after I I've flown the glider.

I would like to use a switch  SB which is a three way switch, up- flaps up, middle position- flaps half way down and bottom position -flaps fully down, i'm guessing this should be pretty easy?

Ill worry about camber , crow etc later.

sorry, but my experience with futaba is my old 9C which has been long replaced with my two taranis'

my 9c wouldnt allow you to configure any old switch for any old task - they were pretty rigidly set. The 18z is more modern and capable, but thats all i know...

I see some info on a Forum a read last night, says to set the middle position with flaps half down ( which means refitting the servo arm off the neutral) resetting end point and travel and then placing the switch in down position and setting the end point and travel for this position. This will work for now but may be there is a better way. The Transmitters are pretty sophisticated and once you are familiar with the various function its pretty easy to change settings.