AlexH

WANTED: EPP slope models or kits

1 hour ago, AlexH said:

What version?....

I may be looking at getting one again

I was just going to ask around some of the f3k guys at the nats if anyone had something for sale.

I do miss having a DLG, prob not ready to start competing again due to the cost and effort to travel to a comp from here, but definitely wanting to get my hand back in again

1 hour ago, AlexH said:

How so? WHat info can I try get for ya :)

So were you going to get some EPP and cut out some short kits? Or we all just get a chunk of EPP?

I don't have means to cut EPP. From what I understand it's much harder to cut than blue or yellow foam.

I was kind of thinking/hoping we'd chip in for a bulk order and you'd cut some short kits etc cause iirc you have CNC cutter for EPP. If that's not how you see it, then that's more than fine - just say.

I was going to buy a half dozen blocks to cut some kits etc, but was more thinking getting as much into the country, for future proofing, as possible. Half a dozen is about all I can afford, even then I cant lol will most likely go on credit card till I sell my house to pay it off

On 1/4/2018 at 10:16 AM, Mortal said:

Then I took it up Mt Wellington yesterday morning because I was expecting decent wind, but unfortunately it only got up to about 6 knots while I was there. I decided to try and see what it did in the air anyway and was quite pleased with the results. It had several launches and rapid messy landings, but it briefly sustained nice level flight and looked really good in the air. I think the balance and trim is OK now, I just need another opportunity with a little more wind.

Took the Mustang out to Muriwai yesterday and it flew great in about 7 knots. Very pleased with the balance and general flight, I just need to figure out how to mechanically adjust the elevator trim because my TX is on full down trim (I think it needs more) and the pushrod seems to be glued directly to the clevis. I might have to disassemble it and add some threaded rod to get the elevator physically in the right place.

Unfortunately it looks the NiCad pack I was using is kaput because about 10 mins into flying, the sticks went dead! Fortunately it just did gentle circles into a flax bush and was retrieved with relative ease. It is a very old pack (~10 years) and has had zero use during this time. Not sure if it's just decayed with time, or I stuffed up the charging, or it might come back to life with a couple of cycles of discharge/charge. Will do some more testing but not going to fly this battery again unless I'm certain it's OK.

It rolls reasonably nicely, I have the control throws pretty sedate at the moment so I want to ramp it up and get some nice fast snap rolls. It's a little more stall-prone than I'm used to, but I'm putting that down to me not flying a heavy sloper for a while, and possible bad elevator trim.

Hey guys, final price is 125 a block for the 10 we are ordering so far. Price comes down if we order more... Jono has said he is in for 2 blocks

On 1/8/2018 at 10:09 AM, Mortal said:

Took the Mustang out to Muriwai yesterday and it flew great in about 7 knots. Very pleased with the balance and general flight, I just need to figure out how to mechanically adjust the elevator trim because my TX is on full down trim (I think it needs more) and the pushrod seems to be glued directly to the clevis. I might have to disassemble it and add some threaded rod to get the elevator physically in the right place.

Unfortunately it looks the NiCad pack I was using is kaput because about 10 mins into flying, the sticks went dead! Fortunately it just did gentle circles into a flax bush and was retrieved with relative ease. It is a very old pack (~10 years) and has had zero use during this time. Not sure if it's just decayed with time, or I stuffed up the charging, or it might come back to life with a couple of cycles of discharge/charge. Will do some more testing but not going to fly this battery again unless I'm certain it's OK.

It rolls reasonably nicely, I have the control throws pretty sedate at the moment so I want to ramp it up and get some nice fast snap rolls. It's a little more stall-prone than I'm used to, but I'm putting that down to me not flying a heavy sloper for a while, and possible bad elevator trim.

Good to hear you got it flying and no damage after the crash. 10 years is far far too old for niXX batteries. Replace after 4 or 5 depending on use.

Also check your CG is not too rearward. Doesn't sound like it, but worth a check.

Hey guys, I've got a Facebook messenger group going for the purchase of the EPP blocks. These have been ordered but will need payment from those who wanted them. List as below

6 - myself
2 - Paul short
2 - craig
2 - Jono
2 - Pete glassey
1 - made_in_nz
1 - ken

I have got Pete or made_in_nz on the group chat. Add me on Facebook and I'll add you or get Jono to