Sign in to follow this  
Peewee

Ngaio Today

Fun day today up at Ngaio! Wind was about the right angle, but strong - it must been getting up to 100kph. It was *extremely* rough! It was very hard to string together consecutive laps. Each lap was wild and all but unpredictable. Still there was more than enough power in it to get in the odd random extremely fast lap. Fortune smiled upon us today as no-one destroyed an aircraft. The only damage was my Bat II which fluttered and shook out the fin which ended up rolled over but still attached. This made flying very interesting! on one lap it came out from the backside crabbing sideways. Once we noticed the damage i attempted to land it, but it went in down the back. It went in slow so there was no damage, just a long walk...

Peewee flew the pants off his vintage Bowman JW60 to get an incredible 180 mph with a light JW! For foam, thats HAULIN! Neither me nor Jono have *ever* got *any* foam to go that quick. So well done, Pete.

I set a new airframe record for the Bat II @ 174mph (IIRC). I also set a new personal best with my heavy AFP70 @ 247 MPH but it was thrown around like a rag-doll!

Jono set the new site record for a Scratch @ 210 MPH - besting my previous 196. Although i think he used up at least four of its lives... Well done, Jono!

IMG_20171209_152839.jpgIMG_20171209_151510.jpgIMG_20171209_140322.jpg

Yeah it was a great afternoon , but turbulent............just looking hard at some crunchie stuff.....maybe a dynamic 60...hmmmmm

best

Peewee

11 minutes ago, Peewee said:

just looking hard at some crunchie stuff.....maybe a dynamic 60...hmmmmm

That "bonus" must have been triple-spent by now, Peewee ;)

Pete, you got time to make your own? The Scratchos are an easy build and easy/fun model to fly

Could be tempted to part with the new Synergy I have just made too....